⚠️ This list is work in progress, and part of a blog series being written introducing people to studying computer science in Uni
Links and resources for students within the School of Computer Science and Statistics in TCD, not to be confused with SASS, the CSS pre-processor. Name purposefully confusing.
If you wish to contribute to this list, please submit an issue @ ParadauxIO/awesome-scss
† denotes a paid resource.
- Map :: An unofficial and interacitve map of the Trinity College, Dublin campus
- Jargon Buster :: An introduction to the fancy words and terminology used in Trinity
- Linkedin Learning (lynda.com) :: Logging in with your TCD network user/pass will grant you free access to linkedin learning, formally known as lynda.com which has a wealth of (pretty meh quality) courses on various subjects.
- TCDPrint :: Top up and manage your print account
- Tcard :: Top up and manage your t-card
- Reset Password :: Reset your network password, which changes blackboard, wifi access, my.tcd etc
“Ethical” Access to research papers, textbooks and more
These are definitely websites to avoid, you wouldn’t want to be commiting piracy or anything, so whatever you do don’t go here.
- SCSS Lab opening times
- SCSS Teaching & Learning Site
- SCSS Undergraduate Programming Support Center
- SCSS Wiki
- SCSS Gitlab
- SCSS Owncloud
- SCSS Study Abroad
- SCSS Change Password
Student Supports and Services
- Student2Student Mentoring :: Optional student-driven volunteering service for incoming First Year Students
What you’re not taught in school
Exam preparation and resources
- Todoist :: Track what you still need to do!
- Clockify :: Log how you spend your time so you can be more effective
Introduction to Programming
Self-paced java courses not taught poorly
- Java Udemy Course† :: Excellent Java Udemy course
- Jetbrains Academy† :: Jetbrains exercise-based Java tutorials, there’s a few months long free trial.
- mooc.fi :: University of Helsinki’s free massive open online course on various topics, including Java programming. (In English)
- Java Constructors video
- Effective Java Talk
- The New Boston’s Java Tutorials
- Java Discord :: Free and friendly Java programming help
Resources / Tutorial Sites
- Java SE Specification :: Oracle’s opinionated guide to how Java code should look and flow.
- Baeldung :: Practical Java/CS Tutorials
- Geeks for Geeks :: Practical Java/CS Tutorials
- Tutorialspoint :: Practical Java/CS Tutorials
Introduction to Computing
- Writing Arm Assembly (Basics) :: A tutorial series on Arm Assembly.
- Arm Developer Documentation :: Official Arm Reference Documentation
- CSFC Arm Cheatsheet
- Emory: Arithmetic Operators
- Ascii Table
- Khan Academy :: Khan Academy is a free resource for Mathematics (and CS too!)
- 3Blue1Brown :: The go-to YouTube resource for learning advanced math concepts
- Eddie Woo :: An approachable Math Teacher teaching complex topics in simple terms.
- MIT OpenCourseware :: Free access to various MIT Courses in Mathematics.
- The Organic Chemistry Tutor :: Despite the name, TOCT Covers various topics in Math/Physics alongside Chemistry
- matrixcalc.org :: Matrix calculator
- matrix.reshish.com :: Another matrix calculator
- MIT OpenCourseware: distance of a point to a plane
- 3B1B: Vectors series
Algorithms & Data Structures
List of lists
- Free for Devs :: A list of free tools and resources that developers can utilise for free.
- Github Student Development Pack :: A list of resources and tools which students can use for free
- Lydia’s First Year Survival Guide :: Good resource for getting your bearings / Setting up software for your first year.